Arun Jaitley warns CBI on cases against Gujarat leaders, police
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley warned the CBI saying that those involved in the "conspiracy" against Gujarat's politicians and top policemen would have to give answers in future.
"Misuse of CBI is a part of conspiracy of the Central government against Gujarat's leadership and the Gujarat police force," Jaitley said, addressing a gathering where Chief Minister Narendra Modi started his month-long election campaign.
"Governments come and go...they do not stay eternally. Those who are involved in the conspiracy should remember that they will have to give answer for their actions in future," Jaitley said.
Recently, CBI named former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, former DGP P C Pande, former ADGP O P Mathur, and IGP Geetha Johri in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
"The cases filed against political leadership and top policemen is an utter misuse of CBI and they (cases) cannot stand up in any court of law," said the senior BJP leader, who is also an eminent lawyer. "The Central government is misusing CBI time and again against the Gujarat's political leadership and top police officials."