Arun Jaitley warns CBI on cases against Gujarat leaders, police
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley warned the CBI saying that those involved in the "conspiracy" against Gujarat's politicians and top policemen would have to give answers in future.
"Misuse of CBI is a part of conspiracy of the Central government against Gujarat's leadership and the Gujarat police force," Jaitley said, addressing a gathering where Chief Minister Narendra Modi started his month-long election campaign.
"Governments come and go...they do not stay eternally. Those who are involved in the conspiracy should remember that they will have to give answer for their actions in future," Jaitley said.
Recently, CBI named former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, former DGP P C Pande, former ADGP O P Mathur, and IGP Geetha Johri in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
"The cases filed against political leadership and top policemen is an utter misuse of CBI and they (cases) cannot stand up in any court of law," said the senior BJP leader, who is also an eminent lawyer. "The Central government is misusing CBI time and again against the Gujarat's political leadership and top police officials."