Arun Shourie hits out at BJP top leadership
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The simmering crisis in BJP deepened on Monday with senior leader Arun Shourie attacking the party leadership, saying that even raising questions within the party forum was being dubbed as 'indiscipline' and that some leaders at the top were behaving as 'Humpty Dumpty'.
"Even raising these questions (within party forum) is becoming indiscipline," the former Union Minister told NDTV while responding to a question on expulsion of Jaswant Singh.
Without naming anybody, he said there were people in the party who have "brought about this situation and brought the party to this pass. They are the ones who are hurting the party." Shourie said there are some people in BJP who have been "planting stories for the last five years against each one of us, including Mr (L K) Advani and including Rajnath Singh in the press by six journalists".
Questioning whether that was "discipline", he said "if you want to call this (his action) indiscipline, ok, call it. But we feel it (party) is an important institution, the party is an important institution."
Throwing a virtual challenge to the party leadership to act against him for his utterances, he said "So, you want to be Humpty Dumpty and make words mean what you say and act, then I presume you already have in your mind to act against me or anybody, so act."
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words