Arun Shourie hits out at BJP top leadership
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
The simmering crisis in BJP deepened on Monday with senior leader Arun Shourie attacking the party leadership, saying that even raising questions within the party forum was being dubbed as 'indiscipline' and that some leaders at the top were behaving as 'Humpty Dumpty'.
"Even raising these questions (within party forum) is becoming indiscipline," the former Union Minister told NDTV while responding to a question on expulsion of Jaswant Singh.
Without naming anybody, he said there were people in the party who have "brought about this situation and brought the party to this pass. They are the ones who are hurting the party." Shourie said there are some people in BJP who have been "planting stories for the last five years against each one of us, including Mr (L K) Advani and including Rajnath Singh in the press by six journalists".
Questioning whether that was "discipline", he said "if you want to call this (his action) indiscipline, ok, call it. But we feel it (party) is an important institution, the party is an important institution."
Throwing a virtual challenge to the party leadership to act against him for his utterances, he said "So, you want to be Humpty Dumpty and make words mean what you say and act, then I presume you already have in your mind to act against me or anybody, so act."
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight