Arvind Kejriwal accuses Salman Khurshid of wrongdoing, threatens to gherao Sonia Gandhi house
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Activist Arvind Kejriwal today said he along with disabled activists will gherao the residence of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday demanding resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid following allegations that the NGO run by him and his wife has indulged in irregularities.
Kejriwal, who also demanded Khurshid's resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here.
"Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister's wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country.
"We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi's residence asking for Khurshid's resignation," Kejriwal said.
A Hindi news channel yesterday alleged that the NGO forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Khurshid's wife refutes charges against NGO
India Against Corruption today alleged financial irregularities in the functioning of Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, a charge rejected by his wife Louise.
Talking to the reporters in Lucknow, IAC member Sanjay Singh alleged that large scale irregularities have come to fore into grants given by Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to the trust for the welfare of physically impaired people.
Singh alleged that instead of distributing the aid to disabled people the grant was embezzled by organising fake camps and through fake signatures of the officers.
In a statement issued in Delhi, Louise Khurshid, also the Trust's Project Director, termed the allegations as "devoid of any merit, malicious and baseless."
She was referring to similar allegations levelled by a news channel.
Singh alleged that signature of chief medical officer of Etawah was found to be fake and handicapped welfare officer of Mainpuri Tapasvee Lal was not even aware that a letter in his name with fake signature and seal has reached Delhi.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express