Arvind Kejriwal gets his man, S K Srivastava to be new chief secretary of Delhi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is learnt to have cleared the name of S K Srivastava as the new chief secretary of Delhi. The 1980 batch IAS officer of UT cadre is at present posted as additional secretary and financial adviser in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Srivastava will replace D M Spolia, the 1976 batch IAS officer considered close to former Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit. The appointment of Srivastava comes after Home Ministry received a letter from the new Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal recommending the name of Srivastava for the top job.
It is also learnt that the name of Srivastava was suggested by principal secretary Rajender Kumar who took over recently. Srivastava has earlier served as vice-chairman of Delhi Development Authority. He has also served as Chief Secretary of Goa. A formal announcement on Srivastava's name is likely to be made by Tuesday evening, said sources.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express