Asad Rauf sexual exploitation case: Leena Kapoor statement recorded
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy moves Supreme Court for cancellation of arrest warrant
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
The Versova police on Wednesday recorded the statement of model and starlet Leena Kapoor who has accused ICC elite panel umpire Asad Rauf of going back on his promise to marry her. The statement was recorded after Pakistani national Rauf denied that he was in a relationship with Kapoor or that he had promised to marry her, claiming that she was only an "acquaintance".
Picture gallery: 'Asad Rauf: Compromised?'
Police said they would submit the recorded statement to DCP (Zone 9) Pratap Dighavkar, who will then decide whether to direct the police station to file a first information report and begin investigations. "The DCP will also decide which police station should pursue the case," senior inspector S Borse said.
Kapoor said she had told the police that she had been in a relationship with Rauf for the past four months and he had refused to marry her after sexually exploiting her. "I have repeated whatever I had written in my complaint to DCP," she said.
The starlet had said in her complaint that she met Rauf in Sri Lanka in March this year, after which they became friends and met regularly in Pune, Mumbai and Delhi. She alleged Rauf had promised to marry her and get her a flat. He had also told her that he was married and had two kids but his religion allowed him to have more than one wife and his family would give consent, she said.
Kapoor said they kept meeting whenever Rauf came to India. "He told me he would marry me but suddenly stopped talking four days ago." She said she tried to call Rauf but got no response. "If there is any truth in what this girl is saying, and if she has some concrete evidence, I am ready to come down to India to be questioned," Rauf said.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight