Asaram Bapu aide sent to jail
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Key witness and aide of incarcerated self-styled godman Asaram Bapu was today remanded to nine-day judicial custody by a local court here.
Shiva was produced before District and Sessions Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas, who sent him to judicial custody till September 16. Now, both Asaram and Shiva will be produced in the court on September 16.
Police kept Shiva in its custody for four days and has extracted vital information pertaining to the case, officials said. Police will now arrest Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and cook of Asaram for further interrogation.
"We are verifying evidences obtained so far following the interrogation of Shiva to see whether they have any relevance with the case or not," DCP Lamba said.