Asaram Bapu's son Narayan Sai has admitted to rape charges, claims Surat Police
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu's son Narayan Sai has "more or less" accepted the rape allegations levelled against him by a woman, police claimed on Wednesday.
"During our intense questioning, Sai has more or less accepted the rape allegations levelled against him by one of the two (Surat-based) sisters," Surat Commissioner of Police Rakesh Asthana told mediapersons.
Sai has also revealed to police during interrogation that he had physical relationships with eight of his female disciples, he said.
"It has also come to light that he fathered a child with one of his sevikas (disciple)," Asthana said.
Sai was subjected to joint interrogation by police along with the complainant, the official said, adding intense quizzing was carried out to find out how he evaded arrest for 58 days and who helped him when he was absconding.
Police said that Sai was also interrogated in the presence of his estranged wife.
Sai was sent in police custody till today on December 5 by a local court.
Asthana said though Sai's remand gets over today, his further police custody will be sought for interrogation and gathering evidence against him and he will be produced in the court later in the day.
Sai was brought to city on December 4 after he was arrested by Delhi Police from Delhi-Haryana border a day before along with his two aides after a hot car chase.
Two sisters had lodged complaints against Sai and his father Asaram of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
Surat Police had booked 40-year-old Sai under various IPC sections including rape, unnatural sex, molestation, wrongful confinement, unlawful assembly, rioting armed with deadly weapon, criminal intimidation and criminal conspiracy.
In her complaint, the younger of the two had accused Sai of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living at the Surat ashram.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today