'Asaram's followers threatening girl's family to withdraw case'
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- April 7 Campaign roundup: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress; AAP will not even win a single seat in LS polls, says Kalyan Singh
Counsel for the girl, who was allegedly sexually exploited by Asaram Bapu, on Monday claimed to have received threats from followers of the self-styled godman.
Lawyer of the victim, Manish Vyas, claimed that the threat was issued to a friend of the victim's father asking him to withdraw the statements of her daughter against Asaram.
Referring to an audio clip, Vyas said the girl and her family continue to receive threats from Asaram's followers.
"I have urged the police to ensure adequate security to the family," Vyas said.