ASEAN farmers visit PAU under exchange programme
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The members of the delegation visited Museum of Rural History of Punjab, College of Home Science and Crop Museum
A 27-member delegation from ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries visited Punjab Agricultural University on Tuesday.
The delegation comprised one agricultural officer and two farmers each from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. Their visit has been sponsored by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, under ASEAN-India exchange programme.
The members of the delegation visited Museum of Rural History of Punjab, College of Home Science and Crop Museum at the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics. They also visited the research farm of the university to see various crops and interacted with the university scientists.
Dr H S Sehgal, additional director of communication, Centre for Communication and International Linkages, gave them a brief account of the infrastructure, human resource, academic programmes, research accomplishments and ongoing research and transfer of technology programmes of the university.