Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
Legendary singer Asha Bhosle will be one of the judges on the popular singing reality show 'Indian Idol' which begins next month.
There had been a lot of speculation over who would join existing judges of the sixth season of the show, Anu Malik, Salim Merchant and Sunidhi Chauhan. Now it has been confirmed that the 78-year-old playback singer would be the fourth judge for the new edition.
"I am very happy to be part of this show. I really like this show as it provides platform for budding singers. It is a very big show," Bhosle told reporters here.
Reportedly, music maestro A R Rahman was approached for the show but due to unavoidable reasons he could not be part of the programme, which will be aired on Sony TV.
Bhosle has graced various TV reality shows as a celebrity judge. For `Indian Idol-6' she will be "super judge".
The veteran singer will not be part of the audition rounds and will join the three judges from the gala rounds.
Seasons three and four of 'Indian Idol' also had four judges.