Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Legendary singer Asha Bhosle will be one of the judges on the popular singing reality show 'Indian Idol' which begins next month.
There had been a lot of speculation over who would join existing judges of the sixth season of the show, Anu Malik, Salim Merchant and Sunidhi Chauhan. Now it has been confirmed that the 78-year-old playback singer would be the fourth judge for the new edition.
"I am very happy to be part of this show. I really like this show as it provides platform for budding singers. It is a very big show," Bhosle told reporters here.
Reportedly, music maestro A R Rahman was approached for the show but due to unavoidable reasons he could not be part of the programme, which will be aired on Sony TV.
Bhosle has graced various TV reality shows as a celebrity judge. For `Indian Idol-6' she will be "super judge".
The veteran singer will not be part of the audition rounds and will join the three judges from the gala rounds.
Seasons three and four of 'Indian Idol' also had four judges.
The show is scheduled to begin from June 1 and will be aired on every Friday and Saturday.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'