Asha Parekh's hand imprint tile to be unveiled on Dec 6
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Veteran actress Asha Parekh's hand impression will be unveiled after two days to symbolise her contribution to the film industry.
The launch will be held at a function being organised by UTV Stars under 'Walk of the Stars' at a suburban hotel on December 6, sources said.
In order to honour the immense contribution of 71-year-old Asha Parekh, UTV Stars will unveil a tile bearing her hand print which will later be installed at 'Walk of the Stars' promenade in Bandra.
The actress started her career as a child artiste under screen name Baby Asha Parekh in the film 'Aasmaan' in 1952.
Thereafter, noted filmmaker Bimal Roy saw her dance at a stage function and cast her at the tender age of twelve in 'Baap Beti' in 1954.
Parekh's first lead role was in 'Dil Deke Dekho' (1959) with Shammi Kapoor, after which never she looked back.
She has delivered memorable performances in films like 'Teesri Manzil', 'Caravan', 'Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki', 'Kati Patang' among others.
The actress has worked with biggies like Dev Anand, Rajesh Khanna, Shashi Kapoor, Jitendra, Manoj Kumar and Dharmendra.
Actors Jeetendra, Helen and few others are likely to attend the event.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post