Ashiana gangrape: 5th accused sentenced to life term
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
The case dates back to May 2, 2005 when four youths kidnapped the girl in a car from the posh Ashiana locality while she was on way to her home. When the girl raised voice, the accused increased the volume of tape recorder fitted in the car and started beating her. They also branded her with cigarette butts on her limbs. Two others accused joined them. All six raped her in the car.
Later, they took the girl to a farmhouse, belonging to one of the accused, and again took turns to rape her. She was again beaten by the accused. One of the accused even threatened the girl with a pistol as she was "making noise".
After abusing her for around two hours, the accused dropped the girl on a deserted street in the night. The victim, with the help of passersby, reached home and informed her parents about the ordeal. The parents lodged an FIR. The police during investigation found involvement of six persons and arrested them.