Ashiana gangrape: 5th accused sentenced to life term
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The case dates back to May 2, 2005 when four youths kidnapped the girl in a car from the posh Ashiana locality while she was on way to her home. When the girl raised voice, the accused increased the volume of tape recorder fitted in the car and started beating her. They also branded her with cigarette butts on her limbs. Two others accused joined them. All six raped her in the car.
Later, they took the girl to a farmhouse, belonging to one of the accused, and again took turns to rape her. She was again beaten by the accused. One of the accused even threatened the girl with a pistol as she was "making noise".
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon