Ashiana gangrape: 5th accused sentenced to life term
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The case dates back to May 2, 2005 when four youths kidnapped the girl in a car from the posh Ashiana locality while she was on way to her home. When the girl raised voice, the accused increased the volume of tape recorder fitted in the car and started beating her. They also branded her with cigarette butts on her limbs. Two others accused joined them. All six raped her in the car.
Later, they took the girl to a farmhouse, belonging to one of the accused, and again took turns to rape her. She was again beaten by the accused. One of the accused even threatened the girl with a pistol as she was "making noise".
After abusing her for around two hours, the accused dropped the girl on a deserted street in the night. The victim, with the help of passersby, reached home and informed her parents about the ordeal. The parents lodged an FIR. The police during investigation found involvement of six persons and arrested them.