Ashiana gangrape: 5th accused sentenced to life term
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
The case dates back to May 2, 2005 when four youths kidnapped the girl in a car from the posh Ashiana locality while she was on way to her home. When the girl raised voice, the accused increased the volume of tape recorder fitted in the car and started beating her. They also branded her with cigarette butts on her limbs. Two others accused joined them. All six raped her in the car.
Later, they took the girl to a farmhouse, belonging to one of the accused, and again took turns to rape her. She was again beaten by the accused. One of the accused even threatened the girl with a pistol as she was "making noise".