Ashis Nandy's anti-Dalit, OBC rant: Cops crack whip on Sanjoy Roy
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
With Ashis Nandy's diatribe against Scheduled Castes, and other backward castes earning nation-wide condemnation and calls being furiously made for suitable punishment, police has issued a crack down with Jaipur Literature Festival organisers facing the brunt of it as the author himself has fled the city.
Police today asked the organisers of Jaipur Literature Festival not to leave the city till investigation into the case against author Ashis Nandy is over.
Additional commissioner of police Biju George Joseph said the organisers were asked to remain in the city as a probe is going on against Nandy and festival producer Sanjoy Roy.
"We asked the organisers to not leave the city in order to complete the probe," Joseph said.
Confirming the development, Roy said, "I have signed the papers on behalf of the JLF team to comply with the orders."
An FIR was lodged against Nandy and Roy last Saturday by Rajpal Meena, Chairperson of the SC/ST Rajasthan Manch, after Nandy stoked a controversy with comments that people from OBC, SC and ST were the "most corrupt".
Nandy left Jaipur yesterday skipping the rest of the literature festival, which ends today.