Ashley Cole becomes 'highest paid defender' in world after signing £200,000 per week deal
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Ashley Cole will become world's highest paid defender after agreeing to a 200,000 pound per week contract extension with the European champions Chelsea.
Chelsea is expected to announce the one-year contract extension ahead of Wednesday's Capital One Cup semi-final against Swansea, but the deal has been agreed, the Daily Mail reports.
Chelsea have agreed to a pay hike for the England defender because it would have cost them well in excess of 15 million pound to secure a replacement left back of similar quality in the summer, the paper added. Cole's representatives had held tentative talks with Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and Manchester United, but Chelsea eventually caved in to the left back's demands, the paper said.
- Chance discovery of a photograph led to the arrest of two policemen, two others in murder case
- Death sentence: Man used company’s car to kidnap teen, it led to arrest of all three
- Kievan halves
- Khurshid likely to meet Pakistani counterpart today
- Tenants murdered landlady, daughter to claim ownership of house: Police
- Common causes