Ashley Judd running for Senate in Kentucky?
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Actress Ashley Judd has not ruled out the speculation that she is touted as a top contender to face Senate Mitch McConnell in the 2014 election in Kentucky, insisting she is honoured to be mentioned as a potential candidate.
The "Double Jeopardy" actress recently sidestepped the question of whether she would get into the race, reported Ace Showbiz.
"I cherish Kentucky, heart and soul, and while I'm very honoured by the consideration, we have just finished an election, so let's focus on coming together to keep moving America's families, and especially our kids, forward," she said.
In a separate occasion previously, the avid supporter of President Barack Obama said, "Everybody's thinking about it (political office) for me. I'm at the point where so many people have asked that I feel it is honourable to at least talk about it."
"I do a lot in the US with the Democrat Party at the county and national level and that may be the best use of me... But I'm just gonna listen to what people have to say and (decide) should I keep operating in the space I'm in or should I take the show to Washington? I don't know."
Born in Kentucky, Judd now lives in Tennessee and has to move back to her home state before she could join the 2014 election bid.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words