Ashok Leyland reports 2.53% increase in total sales
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Commercial vehicle maker Ashok Leyland reported a 2.53 per cent increase on its total sales in January at 10,561 units.
The city-based Hinduja Group company had sold 10,300 units during the same month of previous year.
In a statement, the company said for the period April to January 2013, the company witnessed a 18 per cent jump on its sales to 90,546 units from 76,621 units sold in the same period of previous year.
In January 2013, the sales of its latest small commercial vehicle DOST witnessed over 200 per cent jump to 3,698 units from 1,100 units sold in the same month of last year.
In April 2012 to January 2013 period, the company had sold 27,591 units of DOST range of SCVs as against 3,800 units sold in the corresponding period of previous year.
On sales of commercial vehicles, it said, the company witnessed a 25 per cent decline to 6,863 units in January 2013 from 9,200 units sold in the same month of previous year.
During the period April to January 2013, the company had witnessed a 14 per cent decline on its sales of commercial vehicles to 62,955 units from 72,821 units in the year ago period.