Ashok Leyland shares fall after earnings disappoint
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Shares of Ashok Leyland Ltd fell as much as 9.2 percent on Friday after disappointing investors with its October-December quarterly earnings, but pared losses later in the morning session.
The bus and truck maker said on Thursday its October-December quarter net profit rose a slower-than-expected 10.82 percent to 741.4 million rupees.
Ashok Leyland shares were down 3.1 per cent as of 0355 GMT.
Stocks More on Ashok Leyland Ltd
Company INFO More on Ashok Leyland Ltd
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since