ASI asks SAD leader to stop stalking daughter, shot dead
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
"The ASI fired in the air but the other man fired at his legs. After the bullets ran out, they started fighting physically while people tried to separate them. The accused left the place warning that he would be back. As the ASI's relatives, who had a shop nearby, were about to take him to a hospital in a car, the accused returned and started firing. When the ASI stepped out of the car, he was shot dead from point blank range," he said.
Another eyewitness, Avtar Singh, said, "The accused also tried to fire towards the ASI's daughter but his gun got jammed. He fled when the people started pelting stones at him."