ASI cremated after son returns from Australia
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The body of ASI Ravinderpal Singh was on Friday cremated after his son Navpreet Singh returned from Australia.
The ASI's daughter Robanjit and Navpreet jointly lit the pyre in the outskirts of Rampura village.
The only prominent leaders from SAD who attended the cremation were Attari MLA Gulzar Singh Ranike and party leader Vir Singh Lopoke.
While a number of Congress leaders from the region were among those who attended the cremation, BJP was represented by Dr Navjot Kaur Sidhu, Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Mayor Bakshi Ram Arora.
Navpreet, who works in a factory in Australia, said he learnt about the death of his father through a media report.
His family had initially told him that his father was in a critical condition, following which, he left for India.
Responding to a media query, Navpreet said his sister will join as a sub-inspector in the Punjab Police.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express