ASI cremated after son returns from Australia
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The body of ASI Ravinderpal Singh was on Friday cremated after his son Navpreet Singh returned from Australia.
The ASI's daughter Robanjit and Navpreet jointly lit the pyre in the outskirts of Rampura village.
The only prominent leaders from SAD who attended the cremation were Attari MLA Gulzar Singh Ranike and party leader Vir Singh Lopoke.
While a number of Congress leaders from the region were among those who attended the cremation, BJP was represented by Dr Navjot Kaur Sidhu, Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Mayor Bakshi Ram Arora.
Navpreet, who works in a factory in Australia, said he learnt about the death of his father through a media report.
His family had initially told him that his father was in a critical condition, following which, he left for India.
Responding to a media query, Navpreet said his sister will join as a sub-inspector in the Punjab Police.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties