ASI cremated after son returns from Australia
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
The body of ASI Ravinderpal Singh was on Friday cremated after his son Navpreet Singh returned from Australia.
The ASI's daughter Robanjit and Navpreet jointly lit the pyre in the outskirts of Rampura village.
The only prominent leaders from SAD who attended the cremation were Attari MLA Gulzar Singh Ranike and party leader Vir Singh Lopoke.
While a number of Congress leaders from the region were among those who attended the cremation, BJP was represented by Dr Navjot Kaur Sidhu, Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Mayor Bakshi Ram Arora.
Navpreet, who works in a factory in Australia, said he learnt about the death of his father through a media report.
His family had initially told him that his father was in a critical condition, following which, he left for India.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy