ASI hangs self at police station
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
An assistant sub-inspector committed suicide by hanging himself at the Bapunagar police station here on Sunday.
ASI Fareedkhan Usmankhan Pathan (53), a native of Dharisana village in Dehgam taluka of Gandhinagar district, hanged himself with a table cloth in one of the rooms of the police station, police said.
"After he arrived on duty today, he went to put on the uniform. After some time, we found that he hung himself there," police station officer Bapunagar Pratapsingh Jadeja said, adding that Pathan was upset after the death of his sister 15 days ago and this might have prompted him to end his life.
"Pathan's family members have alleged that mental harassment by his seniors and other staff is the cause of his suicide. Assistant Commissioner of Police P M Bhaliya has been asked to enquire into the matter," Jadeja said.
Pathan's body has been sent for autopsy.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today