ASI’s daughter waits for his return, father wants killer shot dead in public
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
Grief writ large on his face, 70-year-old Harbans Singh, father of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, has only one wish — the murderer of his son be shot dead at the same place in public.
The daughter of the slain ASI, after coming to Rampura village from Amritsar — where she had gone for treatment after bullet pellets hit her hand in Wednesday's attack — was inconsolable and hoped that her father would return.
"He was cold when I touched his body. Give him some blanket. Why is he not returning? My papa is very tall and handsome and stands out among the crowd. He tells me that I am not his daughter, but a son. What answer would I give to Goldy (her brother in Australia) who had left papa under my care?" the girl spoke incessantly amid her cries.
After her father was shot at on Wednesday, the girl had tried to shield him from further assault, but was attacked by the assailants.