ASI’s daughter waits for his return, father wants killer shot dead in public
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Grief writ large on his face, 70-year-old Harbans Singh, father of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, has only one wish — the murderer of his son be shot dead at the same place in public.
The daughter of the slain ASI, after coming to Rampura village from Amritsar — where she had gone for treatment after bullet pellets hit her hand in Wednesday's attack — was inconsolable and hoped that her father would return.
"He was cold when I touched his body. Give him some blanket. Why is he not returning? My papa is very tall and handsome and stands out among the crowd. He tells me that I am not his daughter, but a son. What answer would I give to Goldy (her brother in Australia) who had left papa under my care?" the girl spoke incessantly amid her cries.
After her father was shot at on Wednesday, the girl had tried to shield him from further assault, but was attacked by the assailants.