ASI suspended for involvement in flesh trade racket
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
ASI Tarsem Singh from Jodhewal Basti police station was suspended on Wednesday for his alleged involvement in a trafficking case.
Division number 4 police busted a prostitution racket in Joshi nagar area and during investigation involvement of the ASI got revealed.
Police sources said, when we were raiding the spot, the ASI pressurized the cops to bury and settle the matter. While the kingpin of the gang has admitted his links with ASI, phone call details of ASI and kingpin have also proved it.
ADCP Nilambari Jagdale confirming the suspension said, "A departmental enquiry has been initiated."
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready