Asian gang made 11-yr-old girl sex slave in UK
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
A 19-year-old girl has told a court in London how she was sexually exploited by a group of Asian men when she was 11 years old.
The victim was giving evidence at the trial of nine men accused of grooming children and exploiting them for sex in Oxford.
She said she was raped by Mohammed Karrar in 2005 when she was 11, after she had gone to a flat 'to chill', but was given drinks and drugs, then raped.
According to the BBC, the men have denied 51 charges imposed on them, including rape and trafficking from 2004 to 2012.
In court the witness said she fell in love with Karrar and thought they were in a relationship.
She added that at the time she thought it was her choice to have sex and it was fine, but years on she could see she never had a choice.
She said she was also introduced to other men and told to perform sex acts on them.
The witness is one of six alleged victims in the case and, like one of the others, she claimed she was forced to have an illegal abortion in a back-room in Reading.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully