Assad fires Scud missiles at Syria rebels
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
But the leader of the coalition Sheik Ahmad Moaz al-Khatib took issue with a decision by the Obama administration to classify the militant Al Nusra Front — one of several armed groups fighting Assad — as terrorist organisation and urged the US to review that decision.
The leader was speaking after the Moroccan organisers of the conference said a declaration recognising the new coalition as the legitimate representative of the Syrian people had been adopted by the 114 representatives at the gathering.