Assam: 4 boys hacked to death
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Four teenaged boys belong to the Bodo community were hacked to death by unidentified persons in Geruwa Aashram village of Baska district, Assam bordering Bhutan. The incident took place last night but the police continue to be clueless about the identity or motive of the killers. One of the dead had a 9 mm bullet on his body.
Baska additional SP Tabu Ram Pegu said the four boys, three students and a high school dropout, were attacked on the village road in front of the house of one of the boys. The miscreants who came on foot escaped in the dark.
"While a manhunt has been launched to identify and nab the miscreants, we are yet to ascertain the motive behind the incident. None of the four victims have any criminal antecedents," Pegu said. They were 6-10 people and had machetes and a gun.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit