Assam: 4 boys hacked to death
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Four teenaged boys belong to the Bodo community were hacked to death by unidentified persons in Geruwa Aashram village of Baska district, Assam bordering Bhutan. The incident took place last night but the police continue to be clueless about the identity or motive of the killers. One of the dead had a 9 mm bullet on his body.
Baska additional SP Tabu Ram Pegu said the four boys, three students and a high school dropout, were attacked on the village road in front of the house of one of the boys. The miscreants who came on foot escaped in the dark.
"While a manhunt has been launched to identify and nab the miscreants, we are yet to ascertain the motive behind the incident. None of the four victims have any criminal antecedents," Pegu said. They were 6-10 people and had machetes and a gun.