Assam: 4 boys hacked to death
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Four teenaged boys belong to the Bodo community were hacked to death by unidentified persons in Geruwa Aashram village of Baska district, Assam bordering Bhutan. The incident took place last night but the police continue to be clueless about the identity or motive of the killers. One of the dead had a 9 mm bullet on his body.
Baska additional SP Tabu Ram Pegu said the four boys, three students and a high school dropout, were attacked on the village road in front of the house of one of the boys. The miscreants who came on foot escaped in the dark.
"While a manhunt has been launched to identify and nab the miscreants, we are yet to ascertain the motive behind the incident. None of the four victims have any criminal antecedents," Pegu said. They were 6-10 people and had machetes and a gun.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'