Assam: 4 boys hacked to death
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Four teenaged boys belong to the Bodo community were hacked to death by unidentified persons in Geruwa Aashram village of Baska district, Assam bordering Bhutan. The incident took place last night but the police continue to be clueless about the identity or motive of the killers. One of the dead had a 9 mm bullet on his body.
Baska additional SP Tabu Ram Pegu said the four boys, three students and a high school dropout, were attacked on the village road in front of the house of one of the boys. The miscreants who came on foot escaped in the dark.
"While a manhunt has been launched to identify and nab the miscreants, we are yet to ascertain the motive behind the incident. None of the four victims have any criminal antecedents," Pegu said. They were 6-10 people and had machetes and a gun.