Assam: Drunk teacher ties noose on child to show hanging to class IV students
- Election Commission warns defiant Mamata: May cancel Lok Sabha polls in West Bengal
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Odisha: BJP gains on Modi name, Naveen may slip in his toughest fight
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress may announce its candidate against Modi from Varanasi today
A primary school teacher in Sonitpur district of Assam tied a noose around a student's neck to show the class how freedom fighters were hanged prompting the district administration to order an inquiry.
Sonitpur Deputy Commissioner Lalit Gogoi told The Indian Express that the district elementary education officer was asked to investigate and submit a report by Monday. "It is a strange case and we are taking some drastic action tomorrow," Gogoi said.
According to local reports, Dhiren Kakati, the teacher, tied a noose around a student of Class IV and almost pulled the knot when some children raised an alarm out of fear. Some even ran away. The incident occurred at Kongkalbhangi Prathamik Vidyalaya, about 30 kms west of Tezpur, the Sonitpur district town. The teacher was explaining Class IV students a lesson "Swadhin Bharat" when he did his "practical" demonstration on how the British hanged freedom fighters.
When parents went to school to find out, Kakati confirmed he had shown them "practically" how freedom fighters were hanged.
Two other teachers reportedly protested their colleague's action but found that he was drunk.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city