Assam: Drunk teacher ties noose on child to show hanging to class IV students
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A primary school teacher in Sonitpur district of Assam tied a noose around a student's neck to show the class how freedom fighters were hanged prompting the district administration to order an inquiry.
Sonitpur Deputy Commissioner Lalit Gogoi told The Indian Express that the district elementary education officer was asked to investigate and submit a report by Monday. "It is a strange case and we are taking some drastic action tomorrow," Gogoi said.
According to local reports, Dhiren Kakati, the teacher, tied a noose around a student of Class IV and almost pulled the knot when some children raised an alarm out of fear. Some even ran away. The incident occurred at Kongkalbhangi Prathamik Vidyalaya, about 30 kms west of Tezpur, the Sonitpur district town. The teacher was explaining Class IV students a lesson "Swadhin Bharat" when he did his "practical" demonstration on how the British hanged freedom fighters.
When parents went to school to find out, Kakati confirmed he had shown them "practically" how freedom fighters were hanged.
Two other teachers reportedly protested their colleague's action but found that he was drunk.