Assam killings: BJP demands action to prevent violence
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
BJP today expressed concern over the killing of 20 people in Assam, especially in the Barak Valley area, and demanded that both the Centre and the state government take appropriate action to prevent such incidents.
"There has been violence in Assam in which the death toll has risen to 20. Yet there has hardly been any word from Congress on this matter. This is another issue which is being swept under the carpet," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters here.
BJP demanded that appropriate action be taken immediately by the Centre and the state government to control the situation.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2