Assam killings: BJP demands action to prevent violence
- Angry Nitish hits back, says Modi has contempt for those who seek rights
- OROP: Delhi Police says sorry, PMO steps in to pacify agitating ex-servicemen
- 7 dead after boulder hits Manikaran Gurudwara in Himachal
- Sri Lanka polls: Wickremesinghe to return as PM, Rajapaksa concedes defeat
- Home buyers to benefit from govt move on Okhla Bird Sanctuary
BJP today expressed concern over the killing of 20 people in Assam, especially in the Barak Valley area, and demanded that both the Centre and the state government take appropriate action to prevent such incidents.
"There has been violence in Assam in which the death toll has risen to 20. Yet there has hardly been any word from Congress on this matter. This is another issue which is being swept under the carpet," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters here.
BJP demanded that appropriate action be taken immediately by the Centre and the state government to control the situation.