Assam killings: BJP demands action to prevent violence
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
BJP today expressed concern over the killing of 20 people in Assam, especially in the Barak Valley area, and demanded that both the Centre and the state government take appropriate action to prevent such incidents.
"There has been violence in Assam in which the death toll has risen to 20. Yet there has hardly been any word from Congress on this matter. This is another issue which is being swept under the carpet," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters here.
BJP demanded that appropriate action be taken immediately by the Centre and the state government to control the situation.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since