Assembly bypoll: NCP wins Chandgad seat in Maharashtra
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
NCP candidate Sandhyadevi Babasaheb Kupekar today won the Chandgad Assembly seat bye-election in Maharashtra's Kolhapur district by a margin of 24,847 votes. The bypoll was necessitated following the death of sitting NCP MLA Babasaheb Kupekar in September last year.
The voting for the bypoll had taken place on February 24, for which only three candidates had filed their nomination. Apart from Sandhyadevi, Rajendra Shamrav Gaddyanwar was the candidate of Swabhimani Shetkari Sangathana, while Sunil Arjun Shintre contested on a Shiv Sena ticket.
Sandhyadevi, wife of Babasaheb Kupekar, won the seat against her nearest rival Gaddyanwar. Sandhyadevi polled 93,486 votes, while Gaddyanwar got 68,639 votes.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18