Assets case: Jaganís bail plea rejected
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
A CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail plea of YSR Congress leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in an alleged disproportionate assets case.
The special CBI judge here dismissed one of his bail petitions while adjourned hearing on another bail petition to November 30.
The Kadapa MP, currently under judicial remand and lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here since his arrest on May 27 by the CBI on corruption charges, had on November 16 filed two separate pleas seeking bail.
Opposing the fresh bail pleas of Jagan, the CBI deputy legal advisor Balla Ravindranath had last week argued that the petitioner was not entitled to get any relief at this stage in view of the Supreme Court order, which upheld the submissions of the central agency that the investigations were still on in connection with seven more cases.
"The petitioner is misguiding this court regarding the grant of bail despite clear orders of the Supreme Court," Ravindranath contended and further submitted that in view of the orders passed by the Supreme Court on October 5, "the accused cannot give a different interpretation of the order" and the bail petitions are not maintainable in law and liable to be dismissed.