Protests against Afzal Guru's hanging at Jantar Mantar, 21 detained
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
- âNo one heard my side of story, I decided to go with familyâ
Delhi police lathicharge protestors at Jantar Mantar, demonstrating against the hanging of Afzal Guru and detained at least 21 Kashmiri students. Female students were also assaulted.
The Kashmiri students were protesting against the 'hanging' of Afzal Guru when RSS-BJP activists attacked them, witnesses say.
All the detained kashmiri students including girls were taken to Mandir Marg police station. Girls were threatened by the RSS activists.
Social activist Gautam Navlakha was also beaten up during the protest.
Senior journalist Iftikhar Geelani has also been put under house arrest since early morning today.
Media persons also faced the wrath of the RSS who also threatened dire consequences and barred them from doing their professional duties, witness say.
Mudasir, Jamia, Athar Rather Jamia, Umair Gul, Jamia, Umar Bashir, DU, Najeeb Hussain JNU, Fayaz Dar, Jamia, Aymon Majid, Jamia, Bhat Iqbal JNU, Shahid JNU, Insha Malik, Samia Latief, Mustafa, Bhawneet, Shivani, Sabika, Umar, Aniben, Zamrooda Habib, Sanjay Kak and other detained Kashmiri students are perusing higher education in various universities in Delhi.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight