Protests against Afzal Guru's hanging at Jantar Mantar, 21 detained
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
Delhi police lathicharge protestors at Jantar Mantar, demonstrating against the hanging of Afzal Guru and detained at least 21 Kashmiri students. Female students were also assaulted.
The Kashmiri students were protesting against the 'hanging' of Afzal Guru when RSS-BJP activists attacked them, witnesses say.
All the detained kashmiri students including girls were taken to Mandir Marg police station. Girls were threatened by the RSS activists.
Social activist Gautam Navlakha was also beaten up during the protest.
Senior journalist Iftikhar Geelani has also been put under house arrest since early morning today.
Media persons also faced the wrath of the RSS who also threatened dire consequences and barred them from doing their professional duties, witness say.
Mudasir, Jamia, Athar Rather Jamia, Umair Gul, Jamia, Umar Bashir, DU, Najeeb Hussain JNU, Fayaz Dar, Jamia, Aymon Majid, Jamia, Bhat Iqbal JNU, Shahid JNU, Insha Malik, Samia Latief, Mustafa, Bhawneet, Shivani, Sabika, Umar, Aniben, Zamrooda Habib, Sanjay Kak and other detained Kashmiri students are perusing higher education in various universities in Delhi.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling