Aston Villa stuns Liverpool with 3-1 win
- Live: Supreme Court proposes to appoint Sunil Gavaskar as interim president, claim reports
- Days before Yasin Bhatkal was arrested, it was Monu who âdeliveredâ Rs 1 lakh cash to his wife
- MH370 search suspended due to bad weather
- Maoists blow up mobile towers ahead of Narendra Modi rally in Bihar
- Election 2014 LIVE: Modi says Cong manifesto cheats people; FIR against Raj Babbar
Aston Villa brought Liverpool's recent resurgence in the Premier League to a crashing end by winning 3-1 at Anfield Saturday, lifting the visitors away from the relegation zone.
Belgium international Christian Benteke was Villa's star performer, scoring in each half and setting up fellow striker Andreas Weimann with an outrageous backheel for the other goal that made it 2-0 at halftime.
Steven Gerrard grabbed a late consolation for Liverpool but the result made a mockery of manager Brendan Rodgers' pre-match assertion that his team could challenge for a top-two spot this season.
Liverpool, which had been looking for a third straight win for the first time in two seasons, stayed in mid-table _ four points above Villa.
- Green chilli, chappals and stethoscope among 85 free symbols for Independent candidates
- Politicking peaks to new high in Maval: 3 Jagtaps, 2 Barnes jump into fray
- After Chavan’s pep talk, sulking Nimhan joins Cong-NCP poll campaign
- Keep country free of communalism, BJP and Modi: Pawar to voters
- I-League: Mehta goal keeps East Bengal at bay
- The Covered Girl