Astrologer’s murder: Key conspirator surrenders
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
While the alleged key conspirator behind astrologer Ramesh Tiwari's murder in Jaunpur district surrendered before a local CJM court on Tuesday, the police named two shooters who were hired for the killing.
They are Shamsher Singh alias Sheru of Ambedkar Nagar district, who is a historysheeter, and Vipul from Ahraula area of Azamgarh district, who has several cases of loot pending against him.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said main accused Dhirendra Singh, who planned the murder and hired the shooters, has surrendered in court. The police have collected evidence which corroborated telephonic conversation and meetings between Singh and Sheru. The police will be filing an application in the court tomorrow seeking police custody of Singh for interrogation, added Saini.
A reward of Rs 5,000 has already been announced on Sheru. Station officer of Sarpataha police station Yogendra Bahadur Singh said the investigation had shown that Singh, who owns a nursing home in Jaunpur city, had contacted Sheru when the latter was lodged in jail about two months ago. Sheru was released from jail about 25 days ago and had met Singh to chalk out a murder plan.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?