Astrologer’s murder: Key conspirator surrenders
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
While the alleged key conspirator behind astrologer Ramesh Tiwari's murder in Jaunpur district surrendered before a local CJM court on Tuesday, the police named two shooters who were hired for the killing.
They are Shamsher Singh alias Sheru of Ambedkar Nagar district, who is a historysheeter, and Vipul from Ahraula area of Azamgarh district, who has several cases of loot pending against him.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said main accused Dhirendra Singh, who planned the murder and hired the shooters, has surrendered in court. The police have collected evidence which corroborated telephonic conversation and meetings between Singh and Sheru. The police will be filing an application in the court tomorrow seeking police custody of Singh for interrogation, added Saini.
A reward of Rs 5,000 has already been announced on Sheru. Station officer of Sarpataha police station Yogendra Bahadur Singh said the investigation had shown that Singh, who owns a nursing home in Jaunpur city, had contacted Sheru when the latter was lodged in jail about two months ago. Sheru was released from jail about 25 days ago and had met Singh to chalk out a murder plan.
Sheru took help of his gang member Vipul in the murder. The police have evidence about movement and stay of both the criminals in Jaunpur before and after the murder, said the SO.