Astrologer’s murder: Key conspirator surrenders
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA, ties up with BJP for polls
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- ICC Twenty20 final preview: On cupâs cusp
While the alleged key conspirator behind astrologer Ramesh Tiwari's murder in Jaunpur district surrendered before a local CJM court on Tuesday, the police named two shooters who were hired for the killing.
They are Shamsher Singh alias Sheru of Ambedkar Nagar district, who is a historysheeter, and Vipul from Ahraula area of Azamgarh district, who has several cases of loot pending against him.
Jaunpur Superintendent of Police Manzil Saini said main accused Dhirendra Singh, who planned the murder and hired the shooters, has surrendered in court. The police have collected evidence which corroborated telephonic conversation and meetings between Singh and Sheru. The police will be filing an application in the court tomorrow seeking police custody of Singh for interrogation, added Saini.
A reward of Rs 5,000 has already been announced on Sheru. Station officer of Sarpataha police station Yogendra Bahadur Singh said the investigation had shown that Singh, who owns a nursing home in Jaunpur city, had contacted Sheru when the latter was lodged in jail about two months ago. Sheru was released from jail about 25 days ago and had met Singh to chalk out a murder plan.
Sheru took help of his gang member Vipul in the murder. The police have evidence about movement and stay of both the criminals in Jaunpur before and after the murder, said the SO.
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Urban areas forgotten as campaigners focus on villages
- AAP tea vendor to take on BJP actor from Ahmedabad East
- Rly police give clean chit to Deputy Mayor Sharma
- BJP releases manifesto, steers clear of focussing on Kher
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death