Sachin Tendulkar turns 40 today but his routine remains the same
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
To quote Matthew Hayden, "Sachin Tendulkar is a movement in himself". So, it is quite natural that his 40th birthday will be special. The cricket fraternity — every Indian to be precise — wants to make it special. The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has already ordered a 40-pound cake that will have 40 different expressions of the master.
"It's a privilege that Tendulkar will be playing at Eden on his 40th birthday. It merits a special celebration but we are keeping it a bit low profile in accordance with the tournament rules. A special Hyderabadi chef has been put in charge to prepare the cake which we plan to present him in the Mumbai Indians dressing room," CAB joint-secretary Subir Ganguly told The Indian Express. Cricket has rarely seen such passionate and exaggerated outbursts of emotion on someone's birthday and tributes are flowing in thick and fast from all quarters. His former team mates and rivals are recollecting the golden moments they shared with Tendulkar. Academics are planning to take time off to watch the great man in action on Wednesday. Gen Y fans, who have developed a habit of feasting on instant cricket and instant stars, too, are waiting eagerly for the moment.
On his birthday on April 24, the Master Blaster will be playing an IPL match for the Mumbai Indians at Eden Gardens. The routine will not be altered. He'll prepare hard as usual, will attend the team meetings and will give his best to secure a win for his team.