At 7 ft 1 inch, Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Irfan is tallest player in history of cricket
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Irfan is the tallest player in the history of cricket with a towering height of seven feet and one inch, and is followed by West Indian pace bowling legend Joel Garner at six feet and eight inch in the list of giant cricketers.
The 30-year-old from Punjab bamboozled the top Indian batsmen with pace and bounce in his debut Twenty20 international in Bangalore where Pakistan beat India by five wickets, the Daily Times reports.
All eyes will be focused on Irfan when Pakistan takes on arch rivals India in the second Twenty20 international in Ahmedabad on Friday. The lanky quickie played two one-day internationals against England in 2010, but he was sidelined after disappointing start taking 0-37 in seven overs at Chester-le-Street and 0-40 in seven overs at Leeds. (ANI)