At 7 ft 1 inch, Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Irfan is tallest player in history of cricket
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Irfan is the tallest player in the history of cricket with a towering height of seven feet and one inch, and is followed by West Indian pace bowling legend Joel Garner at six feet and eight inch in the list of giant cricketers.
The 30-year-old from Punjab bamboozled the top Indian batsmen with pace and bounce in his debut Twenty20 international in Bangalore where Pakistan beat India by five wickets, the Daily Times reports.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism