As poll deadline looms, Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi take pot-shots at each other over Gandhiji
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
"Even during those days, Opposition leaders are thrown out because the state government fears they will ask tough questions," he alleged.
Countering the Congress leader, Modi tweeted, "Mr Rahul Gandhi talks of respect for Vidhan Sabha but his own attendance in Lok Sabha between May 2011-May 2012 was 24 out of 85 sittings."
Reacting to Rahul's allegations that the state Legislative Assembly did business only for 25 days in a year, Modi, the Maninagar MLA said at a rally, "From May 2011 to May 2012, Rahul Gandhi's attendance in the Lok Sabha was 24 out of 85 sittings. From 2010 to 2011, it was 19 out of 72 sittings!" "If he had respect for the Parliament, he would go for all sittings!" he said.
If Rahul Gandhi had so much love for the Vidhan Sabha, he should know that in Gujarat, the Assembly has debated issues even for days on end but the attitude of the Congress has not been positive, Modi said.
"We discuss issues for many days and Bills are passed. But sadly Congress does not respect Vidhan Sabha also," he said.
"After detailed discussions in the Vidhan Sabha, the files are sent to the Raj Bhavan for Governor's signature," Modi said, adding that Raj Bhavan has been "converted to Congress Bhavan" by the Congress party.
At another rally, Modi said, "Today Rahul Gandhi came and said he had a close relation with Mahatma Gandhi. But he was not even born then."
On Rahul's narration of Mahatma Gandhi sleeping on the floor in Anand Bhawan in Allahabad, Modi said, "It was Mahatma Gandhi's greatness and his affection towards Nehru that he slept on the floor but the real issue is that Motilal Nehru slept on the bed when his son was in jail. You are descendants of Motilal."
- Cong appoints Harshad scam accused as chief of Mumbai Gujarati cell
- Militants kill PDP sarpanch in Valley
- VVIP chopper scam: CBI chief meets envoy in Italy
- In final run, Mavericks first hurdle for Spurs
- Injuries to Neymar, Alba add to Barcelona’s woes
- Rani Jhansi flyover: HC notices to civic body, Railways