At bhog ceremony, daughter gets papers for Naib Tehsildar
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Leaders of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), Congress and Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) arrived in Rampura village, on Friday, to attend the bhog ceremony of Ravinderpal Singh. Cabinet Minister Bikram Singh Majithia also handed over the appointment letter for the post of Naib Tehsildar to the slain ASI's daughter Robinjit Kaur.
SAD-BJP had first announced a sub-inspector post for Robinjit, an MSc in Information technology, but after a family request, she was given the post of Naib Tehsildar.
Slain ASI's relative and SAD leader Vir Singh Lopoke set the apolitical tone of the ceremony in his address after the bhog, appreciating Congress, BJP, SAD, leftists and Sant Samaj who he said rose above party lines to express solidarity and share grief with Ravinderpal's family.
The SAD leader also urged Punjab to consider ASI's son Navpreet Singh for a government job at some "appropriate time".