At Express Adda, Virat Kohli explains what he wants from Sachin, Dhoni and others
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
On Tuesday, a select audience in the Capital interacted with flamboyant Team India member Virat Kohli at the latest edition of Express Adda.
Like previous guests — Amitabh Bachchan, Viswanathan Anand and Thomas Friedman, among others — Kohli can be counted as among the most important voices in his field, and a potential captain.
Kohli was in conversation with The Indian Express Editor-in-Chief Shekhar Gupta. The 23-year-old talked about issues facing Indian cricket today, such as the impact of IPL and the retirements of Rahul Dravid and V V S Laxman.
Here are his quotes:
* India, IPL games are same to me in terms of intensity
* I want Rahul Dravid's defence, V V S Laxman's wrist work, Sachin Tendulkar's on-drive, M S Dhoni's calm, Virender Sehwag's cut
* Don't think much about getting the captaincy
* Aggression by Team India is frowned upon by authorities, but others use it with impunity
* M S Dhoni as calm off field as on field
* I changed after being dropped from Team India
* When Sachin got out in WC final, felt like I was in graveyard
* Test century I scored in Australia is by far my favourite innings
* It's hard to find right balance between self belief and being arrogant. I'm lucky to have got that
* Mohd Kaif was one of the most hard working player for India and was underrated
* What gets Virat Kohli out? Good balls, lack of concentration, some mistakes
* Australians are still on top when it comes to sledging
* Ben Hilfenhaus is one of the best bowler in the world right now
* Virat Kohli's best Waku-Doki moment: World Cup win