At ITI, skimpily-clad girls dance to TMC youth wing tunes
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Days after a Trinamool Congress leader courted controversy by throwing wads of currency notes towards skimpily-clad girls dancing at its foundation day event, a freshers' welcome function organised by the party's student wing saw a dancer giving a titillating performance on stage. Students of the Rangamati ITI in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself at the event on Sunday, which started late at night and was beamed by TV channels. TMCP district president Ramaprasad Giri, who was present at the function, said he had left before the dance performance. "I have sought a detailed report from the college unit of the TMCP. Action will be taken after getting the report," Giri said. Students' union officials were unavailable for comment.