At last, NDMC inaugurates redeveloped CP
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
The redevelopment of Connaught Place — the New Delhi Municipal Council's most ambitious project — seems to have become a low-key affair as the council reportedly did not ask invitees to attend the inauguration. Those invited included Council members and other dignitaries.
However, Urban Development Minister Manish Sisodia inaugurated the project and singer Kailash Kher performed during the function held in Central Park, Connaught Place. Officials said Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal was to inaugurate the project, but could not attend due to illness.
Sisodia congratulated officials involved in the redevelopment of Connaught Place. "The project has been completed after delays, but I am happy with the outcome," he said.
While officials maintained that the ceremony was for the CP redevelopment project, the invites mention only the NDMC's centenary celebration and the Connaught Place festival, which began on December 23.
Officials also said the omission was deliberate, citing some incomplete tasks in the redevelopment project.
The Council meeting that was scheduled for December 31 has been postponed as the CM is unwell. "In the first meeting, the new members both from AAP, including the CM, will take oath of membership. The council meeting will be an important one as the new CM will define how the policies will work in NDMC," the official said.
In 1913, Imperial Delhi Committee was constituted that gave way to Raisina Municipal Committee in 1916. In 1932, New Delhi Municipal Committee was formed and in 1994, the present day Council was formed.
The Council had delegated the task of re-launch of CP redevelopment project to New Delhi Traders' Association, which sent invites to Sisodia.
NDMC plans a wi-fi enabled Central Delhi
Everyone in Central Delhi area — administered by NDMC — will soon be able to avail of a hi-speed, stable internet connection with the municipal body promising to bring the 42.7 square kilometres area under a single wi-fi connection.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today