At Rs 26 cr, D P Yadav could be UPís richest political family
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Former Pak President Pervez Musharraf indicted in treason case
- I-T looking into cheques to M S Dhoni by Amrapali group
- Cracks showing, BCCI chips off Srinivasan-owned India Cements
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi calls Cong manifesto 'dhokhapatra', tells Sonia not to teach patriotism
With D P Yadav, his wife Umlesh Yadav and son Kunal Yadav declaring their assets worth Rs 26 crore when filing their nominations for the UP Assembly elections, the Yadavs could perhaps rank as UP's richest political family.
Yadav alone is worth nearly Rs 17 crore, as per his nomination papers. He owns property worth Rs 10.49 crore in NOIDA and Bulandshahar, while his wife owns property worth Rs 3.93 crore. Kunal owns property worth Rs 35.35 lakh. When it comes to jewellery, Yadav is as wealthy as his wife. He owns jewellery worth Rs 15.14 lakh while Umlesh has jewellery worth Rs 16 lakh. Kunal owns jewellery worth Rs four lakh.
Yadav and his wife together have invested as much as Rs 2.8 crore in shares and bonds. They have another Rs 25 lakh deposited in banks and Rs 5.5 lakh as ready cash. Yadav has "other assets" worth Rs 4.38 crore and Kunal has Rs 2.38 crore worth "other assets". The family's total assets are worth Rs 25.86 crore.
Yadav is facing charges for murder, attempt to murder, extortion, and various cases under TADA and Arms Act. Vikas Yadav is in Tihar jail, convicted for the Jessica Lall murder and was denied a stay on his conviction by the Supreme Court on March 19 after he wished to contest the UP elections.
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis
- 41 letters in 3 yrs fail to move NHAI as accidents continue