At Rs 26 cr, D P Yadav could be UPís richest political family
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
With D P Yadav, his wife Umlesh Yadav and son Kunal Yadav declaring their assets worth Rs 26 crore when filing their nominations for the UP Assembly elections, the Yadavs could perhaps rank as UP's richest political family.
Yadav alone is worth nearly Rs 17 crore, as per his nomination papers. He owns property worth Rs 10.49 crore in NOIDA and Bulandshahar, while his wife owns property worth Rs 3.93 crore. Kunal owns property worth Rs 35.35 lakh. When it comes to jewellery, Yadav is as wealthy as his wife. He owns jewellery worth Rs 15.14 lakh while Umlesh has jewellery worth Rs 16 lakh. Kunal owns jewellery worth Rs four lakh.
Yadav and his wife together have invested as much as Rs 2.8 crore in shares and bonds. They have another Rs 25 lakh deposited in banks and Rs 5.5 lakh as ready cash. Yadav has "other assets" worth Rs 4.38 crore and Kunal has Rs 2.38 crore worth "other assets". The family's total assets are worth Rs 25.86 crore.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?