At UP Technical University convocation, students to get medals made of pure gold, silver
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP may emerge leader, but fall short of magic figure, says Sharad Pawar
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) will award medals made of pure gold and silver to meritorious students during the eleventh convocation ceremony on January 11.
"Yes, we will be giving pure gold and silver medals to winners," UPTU vice-chancellor Prof R K Khandal said. Fifteen gold and silver medals each will be awarded in various courses. He said each gold medal will be 10 grams pure 99.95 per cent (24 carat) gold, while silver medals will be 20 grams.
"The gold and silver medals awarded at other universities are not usually made of precious metals," said LU registrar PCS Captain Amitabh Prakash. At UPTU, officials say this practice has been on for some time now.
Sam Pitroda, the chairman of the National Innovation Council and Adviser to the Prime Minister, will be the chief guest and will also deliver the convocation address. B L Joshi, UP Governor and chancellor of the university, will also be present.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies