Athavale visits Thackeray residence
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Visits by state leaders to the residence of the Thackeray family to enquire about the health of the father-son duo continued on Saturday. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has been ailing for the past few days and his son and Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray will undergo an angioplasty in the next two days.
Republican Party of India (RPI) leader Ramdas Athavale, who has formed an alliance with the BJP and the Shiv Sena, visited the Thackeray residence, Matoshree, on Saturday. '
"I could not meet Balasaheb as he was sleeping. I spoke to Uddhav and he has said Balasaheb was feeling much better," Athavale said.
Many Sena leaders also thronged the Thackeray residence. Uddhav Thackeray will be admitted to Lilavati Hospital for his angioplasty. "The procedure will be done on Sunday or Monday," said a senior Sena leader.