Athavale visits Thackeray residence
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Visits by state leaders to the residence of the Thackeray family to enquire about the health of the father-son duo continued on Saturday. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has been ailing for the past few days and his son and Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray will undergo an angioplasty in the next two days.
Republican Party of India (RPI) leader Ramdas Athavale, who has formed an alliance with the BJP and the Shiv Sena, visited the Thackeray residence, Matoshree, on Saturday. '
"I could not meet Balasaheb as he was sleeping. I spoke to Uddhav and he has said Balasaheb was feeling much better," Athavale said.
Many Sena leaders also thronged the Thackeray residence. Uddhav Thackeray will be admitted to Lilavati Hospital for his angioplasty. "The procedure will be done on Sunday or Monday," said a senior Sena leader.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post