ATKT admission details declared, forms available from today
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Even though the modus operandi of accommodating SSC students availing the Allowed To Keep Terms (ATKT) scheme is still not decided, the Education Department has gone ahead with the declaration of the timetable for admission.
As per the timetable, sale of application forms will start on Friday. Receipt of duly filled forms for Pune division will be carried out on Friday and Saturday. The provisional merit list will be declared on October 4 and on October 5 grievances of students on the merit list will be addressed. Finally, on October 6 admissions will be given through the table admission process to be held at S P College.
"We have decided not to carry out the admission process at college level, as we feared that colleges might refuse admissions to ATKT students. We will carry out the procedure through the table admission process in which the Education Department will allot seats as per merit," said Sunil Magar, deputy director of Pune division of education department.
According to the latest Bombay High Court decision, ATKT should be extended to students who may have failed in one or two subjects in the SSC exam. As the students who appeared for SSC exams previous to March 2009 are also eligible for availing ATKT, the number of students who will apply for Class XI admissions cannot be predicted.
"The number will depend on how many application forms are sold," said Magar. He, however, didn't comment on how to complete the syllabus for new entrants as the first term is almost over. "That will be decided afterwards," he said.
Meanwhile, the forms will be sold and accepted at following colleges: Sundarabai Rathi, Vimlabai Garware, Shahu College, S V Union, Genba Moze, Akutai Kalyani, BMCC, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar College, Mahatma Phule College and Fattechand Jain College.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18