ATM kiosks at Kasba Peth attacked, guard beaten up
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Within days of the Pune police giving a deadline to all banks to install CCTV cameras and deploy security guards at all ATM kiosks round the clock, two ATMs located in the heart of the city were broken into, vandalised and an elderly security guard was beaten up by two youths on Sunday.
According to the Faraskhana police, the incident took place around 3.45 am at the ATMs of Axis Bank and Development Credit Bank, located a few metres away from the Kasba Peth police chowky near Shanivarwada. The suspects, who appeared to be drunk, could not take out any money, said the police, adding that the injured security guard was 70 years old.
After the brutal attack on a woman bank manager inside an ATM kiosk in Bangalore last month, the Pune police had asked all banks in the city that by January 30 all ATMs should have CCTV cameras in place and
security guards deployed round the clock.
Senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge said: "We have received the CCTV footage, which shows two persons aged around 25 years entering the Axis Bank ATM around 3.45 am. At this time, we can see the watchman sitting next to the machine. One of the suspects had covered his face with a handkerchief. They inserted a debit card but did not get any money. They stepped out and went to the
Here too, he added, they tried to withdraw money but could not succeed. "They went out and came back with a metal pipe used for water supply lines. They tried to break both the ATMs with the metal rod and bricks. They beat up the security guard and pushed him inside a small room in the Axis Bank ATM kiosk. The guard reported the case to the police chowky in the morning. They could not take out any money," said Barge.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express