ATP Open: Bopanna-Fleming win Open 13 doubles title
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy with a straight-sets win over Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi and Jeal-Julien Rojer, here today.
The second seeded Indo-British pair edged past the top seeds 6-4 7-6 (3) in the summit clash of the euro 528135 hard court event.
Bopanna played with Fleming in the absence of regular partner Rajeev Ram.
The second seeds saved all the four breakpoints they faced in the match before prevailing in the second-set tie- breaker.
It was eighth ATP doubles title for Bopanna, who has been ignored for India's Davis Cup tie against Indonesia.
Last year he won two titles -- Paris Masters and Dubai event -- with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness