ATP Open: Bopanna-Fleming win Open 13 doubles title
- RJD splits as 13 MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul targets Modi for divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
Rohan Bopanna won his first title of the season when he combined with Colin Fleming to claim the ATP Open 13 doubles trophy with a straight-sets win over Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi and Jeal-Julien Rojer, here today.
The second seeded Indo-British pair edged past the top seeds 6-4 7-6 (3) in the summit clash of the euro 528135 hard court event.
Bopanna played with Fleming in the absence of regular partner Rajeev Ram.
The second seeds saved all the four breakpoints they faced in the match before prevailing in the second-set tie- breaker.
It was eighth ATP doubles title for Bopanna, who has been ignored for India's Davis Cup tie against Indonesia.
Last year he won two titles -- Paris Masters and Dubai event -- with compatriot Mahesh Bhupathi.
Bopanna and Fleming shared euro 29,000 as prize money and earned 250 ranking points each.
- IIT prof ‘hyped’ cell radiation, daughter sold protective shields
- Harsh Vardhan missing at lunch hosted by Goel
- 2 asphyxiated in Noida manhole, another rescued
- IM planned to break ISI shackles, ally with al-Qaeda, Pak Taliban: chargesheet
- Engineer assaulted, Bharti joins protesters outside MCD office
- Leopard injures seven, Meerut locks itself in