ATS to get custody of JM Rd blasts accused in 3 days, says Maria
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Within the next three days, the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) will get the custody of the suspects arrested by the Delhi Police in connection with the low intensity serial blasts on J M Road on August 1. ATS chief Rakesh Maria said this on Sunday.
In October, the Delhi Police Special Cell had arrested five persons in connection with the blasts. "The legal process of transferring the accused to our custody is complete. We will be handing over the court order to the jail to get the custody of the suspects. They may be brought here within next three days, after we arrange for the escort team," said Maria.
This five arrested are Asad Khan (33) of Aurangabad, Imran Khan (32) of Nanded, Syed Feroz alias Hamza of Shukrawar Peth in Pune, Irfan Mustafa Landage (30) of Nagar and Syed Maqbool alias Zuber of Nanded.
The police also claimed to have recovered explosives and arms from some of them.
Investigators had said the suspects had rented a flat in Kasarwadi before they executed the blasts on August 1, in which one person, Dayanand Patil, was injured.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express