ATS to get custody of JM Rd blasts accused in 3 days, says Maria
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Within the next three days, the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) will get the custody of the suspects arrested by the Delhi Police in connection with the low intensity serial blasts on J M Road on August 1. ATS chief Rakesh Maria said this on Sunday.
In October, the Delhi Police Special Cell had arrested five persons in connection with the blasts. "The legal process of transferring the accused to our custody is complete. We will be handing over the court order to the jail to get the custody of the suspects. They may be brought here within next three days, after we arrange for the escort team," said Maria.
This five arrested are Asad Khan (33) of Aurangabad, Imran Khan (32) of Nanded, Syed Feroz alias Hamza of Shukrawar Peth in Pune, Irfan Mustafa Landage (30) of Nagar and Syed Maqbool alias Zuber of Nanded.
The police also claimed to have recovered explosives and arms from some of them.
Investigators had said the suspects had rented a flat in Kasarwadi before they executed the blasts on August 1, in which one person, Dayanand Patil, was injured.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit