Attack on bride: 'Ex-boyfriend' throws acid on girl in Ludhiana beauty parlour
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A man believed to be the 'spurned boyfriend' threw acid on a girl getting ready for her wedding in a beauty parlour on Saturday morning, leaving her in a critical condition with 60 per cent burns. The Barnala-based girl was to get married to a Doraha-based boy at Sterling Resorts on Pakhowal Road. However, before the wedding bells could ring, the girl had to be taken to hospital where she is battling for her life.
Three others in the beauty parlour also suffered burn injuries.
The police lodged an FIR under Section 307 (attempt to murder) and rounded up a boy for questioning. Though they did not reveal the identity of the boy sources said he may not be the attacker.
The perpetrator of the crime left behind a note in which he claimed to be an ex-boyfriend of the girl. He came to the beauty parlour carrying a mug, told the staff at the reception that he was a relative of the bride who was getting ready and wanted to hand over a letter to her.
After entering the parlour, he first enquired where the girl was sitting. Then he flung the acid in the mug over the girl, inflicting burns on her and three others - including the beautician who was doing her make-up. Among the others injured was another bride, who too was getting ready, and a second beautician. All the injured were rushed to Dayanand Medical College Hospital.
The other bride suffered minor injuries on the neck and was discharged after first-aid. The two staff members of the beauty parlour, who received burns on the elbows and legs, are stated to be stable, but the girl who was specifically targetted was stated to be critical. She suffered burns on her face and the other body parts down to the lower abdomen.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express