Attack on Israel diplomat: Cops file additional chargesheet
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
The Delhi Police on Friday filed a supplementary chargesheet in the case of attack on Israeli diplomat in February 2012. The chargesheet running into more than 100 pages contains the ownership details of the motorcycle used by alleged main accused Houshang Afshar Irani in the crime, apart from his and another accused, Syed Mohd Kazmi's, cell phone records.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Asha Menon. Also submitted was the sanction letter by the Deputy Magistrate of the South district granting permission to initiate criminal proceedings under the Explosives Act against the accused.
The police also told the court that the response to letters rogatory executed to Georgia, Malaysia, Thailand, Iran and Israel were still awaited, and would be submitted to the court later.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18