India DGMO speaks to Pak counterpart on cross-LoC attack
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Miller blitzkrieg enables KXIP to pull off second succesful run-chase
India's Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) today spoke to his Pakistani counterpart to complain about the attack by their troops after crossing the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in which two Indian soldiers were killed.
Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia talked to Maj Gen Ashfaq Nadeem on the hotline during which the Pakistani General denied that his troops had killed two Indian soldiers after violating the ceasefire at the Line of Control(LoC) in the Poonch sector yesterday, Army sources said here.
The sources said the 29 Baloch regiment were responsible for the attack in which the bodies of the two Indian soldiers who were killed were subjected to "barbaric and inhuman mutilation". Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh hailed from Sidhi in Madhya Pradesh while Lance Naik Hemraj was from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
Pakistani regular soldiers crossed into Indian territory at Mendher area and ambushed an Indian patrol killing two soldiers, one of whom was decapitated.
Army's Additional Director General (Public Information) Major General S L Narasimhan yesterday confirmed that one of the two bodies was mutilated.
Other sources said the heads of both the Indian soldiers have been chopped off and one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.
The attack took place along the LoC when Pakistani troops came about 100 metres into Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party, a military official said.
Besides killing the two Indian soldiers, the Pakistani personnel also injured two other soldiers and took away their weapons and other belongings.