Attempt to murder offence against former BJP corporator, 6 others
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Sahakaranagar police have registered an attempt to murder offence against former BJP corporator Deepak alias Baba Misal and six others in connection with an asssault on an NCP member that took place on Monday night.
Rajendra Deshmukh (48) was attacked by some unidentified persons in front of Walvekar Lawns around 10.45 pm. Police suspect the attack to be a fallout of a dispute over parking of tempos at a ground. Police also registered an offence against Parag Shaha, owner of gas agencies, whose tempos had been parked at the ground.
A police officer said Deshmukh had objected to parking of these tempos at the ground. Following this, some unidentified people on bikes had attacked Deshmukh with sharp weapons, he added. No arrests have been made in the case yet.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today